€ 24Breakfast in a unique ambience
Best price guaranteed!
Schloss Leopoldskron offers in its exclusivity versatile, historic premises from 60 m² to 175 m².Inquire now
My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back from 29 May 2020!
Built in 1736 by Prince Archbishop Leopold Anton Eleutherius von Firmian, Schloss Leopoldskron is known not least of all as the birthplace of the Salzburg Festival, co-founded here by Max Reinhardt in 1920. Since 1947, the property has belonged to the non-profit organization Salzburg Global Seminar, whose mission is to bring together established and future leaders from all over the world to engage in dialogue.
Salzburg Global Seminar has taken the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously from the outset. Our top priority is to continue ensuring the health and safety of our guests and staff. As always, we aim for the highest standards in sanitary, food, and general hygiene. In connection with COVID-19, however, we have taken additional measures and precautions in order to protect you and all of us.
General Measures and Precautions
- It is compulsory for guests and staff to wear a face mask in all common areas (face masks can be purchased at reception if needed)
- All staff members shall wear gloves when interacting with guests
- All commonly used surfaces (e.g. tables and door handles) will be disinfected at regular intervals
- All staff members shall follow an enhanced hand-washing and hygiene protocol
- Disinfectant dispensers have been placed in common areas for the use of guests and staff
- 1 bottle of disinfectant gel per stay will be provided in every room (additional bottles can be purchased at reception if needed)
- Newspapers and printed matter (e.g. magazines and brochures) will not be laid out until further notice
- All information for guests is available digitally here
- Extensive signage and advice regarding hygiene measures will be provided in all common areas
Arrival and Check-In
- Check-in will be carried out with as little contact as possible
- A plexiglass partition has been installed at reception
- Room keys will be disinfected each time they are handed out to guests
Cleaning of Rooms, Suites, and Common Areas
- Surfaces and sanitary fixtures in rooms and suites will be individually disinfected
- Disposable plastic toothbrush cups will be packaged in film
- Remote controls will be individually disinfected
- Cleaning equipment will be washed at 90° C
- Cleaning will only be carried out by a staff member
- Decorative pillows and bedspreads will not be used until further notice
- Clothes hangers will be individually disinfected
- Vacuum cleaner filters will be disinfected after use in each room
- Cleaning will be carried out with face shields, face masks, and disposable latex gloves
Breakfast and Dining
- Breakfast will be served on a customized basis without a buffet
- Changes will be made to the choice of food, from unpackaged to pre-packaged products
- Fruits will be limited to those with skins that have to be peeled (bananas, oranges etc.)
- There will be a reduced number of seats in dining areas (e.g. Meierhof Café)
- For coffee breaks at conferences, food and snacks will be individually wrapped
Seminars and Conferences
- Disinfectant dispensers have been placed in every seminar room
- Disinfecting wipes for individual use are available on request
- Conference beverages will be provided in bottles
- All surfaces will be disinfected after the end of each seminar
- Food and snacks for coffee breaks will come wrapped
- Our coffee breaks take place in a specially designed room
- Windows shall be opened as often as possible for effective ventilation
- The fitness center may be used by one guest at a time in time-limited blocks
- Individual disinfection will take place after each use
We also ask you to pay attention to the following points:
- Please wear a face mask in all common areas. This does not apply for children up to the age of 6 or for people who cannot be reasonably expected to wear a mask for health reasons. When you are seated at breakfast, the mask may be removed. However, if you leave your seat, please put on your face mask again.
- Keep at least 1 meter apart from others, excluding people from your household or other people that you are sharing a room with.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or hugging others.
- Wash your hands several times a day with water and soap for at least 30 seconds.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or a tissue.
- Do not travel if you are showing signs of illness.
- Contact reception if you develop signs of illness during your stay.
- Please pay contactless if possible, and settle your bill preferably by card (if possible on the evening before your departure, so as to avoid a cluster of guests at reception).
- Please use the stairs if you are able.
- Please inform us of your arrival time and personal details before your arrival.
A helpful guide can be found here, or on the website of the Austrian Federal Ministry for Tourism (in German). Further information regarding the regulation of entry into Austria and similar matters can be accessed here (in English and other languages).
By taking care, you can protect yourself as well as other guests and our staff.
We are in regular contact with the local health authorities and follow their instructions regarding measures for public health and infection control. We have also engaged the services of a local doctor, who will work with us to carry out the necessary protocols for public health should a guest need medical advice or become ill during their stay.
Our aim is to keep the inconvenience for our guests to a minimum while these measures are in place, and as usual, we will do everything we can to offer you a pleasant and relaxing stay at Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron and in Salzburg. You can find a curated selection of sights and excursion spots here, while an overview of all the events in the city of Salzburg is available here. We are also happy to advise you in person!
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or require further information. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron!
Vice President, Hospitality
Salzburg Global Seminar
Last updated: 19 May 2020